The Evergreen Basenji Club, founded in 1964, is the oldest existing local Basenji Club affiliated with the Basenji Club of America. Its membership consists of Basenji breeders, owners, and fanciers from the greater Seattle / Tacoma area.
The objectives of the Evergreen Basenji Club include:
- to encourage the selective breeding of purebred Basenjis to preserve their natural qualities and to conform to the AKC standard for the breed.
- to encourage and promote training and showing of Basenjis.
- to encourage sportsman-like competition at dog shows, obedience trials, agility trials, and lure trials.
- to conduct AKC-sanctioned specialty shows and AKC or ASFA-sanctioned lure trials.
- to encourage participation of breeders and non-breeders in club activities, to disseminate information and conduct educational programs, and to assist members with their problems in connection with the breed.
In addition, the club and its meetings encourage interchange of ideas and information, provide the opportunity for camaraderie, fellowship, and friendship among members and Basenji fanciers.
If you wish to learn more about the club you can visit us on Facebook, or email the corresponding secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also reach us via our mailing address: 325 S. Washington Ave. #219, Kent, WA 98032.